Rural Connections: Celebrating Schools and Communities
Contributions are welcome from both members and non members of SPERA on any aspect of rural education and from a variety of disciplinary perspectives at any level of education. The focus of the Journal is on addressing issues, challenges, developments and opportunities in rural education globally, and we encourage submissions which, for example:
- Promote the development of rural education scholarship
- Disseminate innovative ideas, actions, programs and policies in rural education
- Link people interested in providing quality learning experiences in rural contexts
- Provide a forum for new ideas and innovations in rural education
- Share information and findings related to rural education issues and the development of programs.
The Australian and International Journal of Rural Education publishes peer-reviewed papers which may be scholarly accounts of educational research relevant to rural education, feature articles, research reports or integrative reviews (recommended length 6,000 to 8,000 words including references and endnotes, or at the Editors' discretion) or short articles, reports or book reviews (between 600 and 2,000 words). All submissions are double blind refereed.
- Associate Professor Philip Roberts, University of Canberra, Australia - Chief Editor.
- Dr Sue Ledger, Murdoch University, Australia - Chief Editor Policy.
- Associate Professor Jayne Downey, Montana State University, USA - Chief Editor Review.
- Ms Natalie Downes, University of Canberra, Australia - Social Media Manager.
- Dr Amanda Heffernan, Monash University, Australia.
- Associate Professor James Smith, Charles Darwin University, Australia.
- Dr Cath Gristy, Plymouth University, United Kingdom.
- Dr Hernán Cuervo, University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Ms Jillian Marchant, James Cook University, Australia.
- Mr Nadeem Saqlain, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada.
- Professor Karen Noble, Australian Catholic University, Australia.
Rural Connections: Celebrating Schools and Communities (Non-refereed section)
- Dr Lynn Walker, University of Canberra, Australia.
- Ms Natalie Downes, University of Canberra, Australia.
- Mr Justin Curry, Powlett River Primary School, Australia.
- Dr Jodie Kline, Deakin University, Australia.
- Dr Aaron Drummond, Massey University, New Zealand.
- Professor Tania Broadley, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
- Professor Elaine Sharplin, James Cook University, Australia.