Rural Connections: Celebrating Schools and Communities
Contributions are welcome from both members and non members of SPERA on any aspect of rural education and from a variety of disciplinary perspectives at any level of education. The focus of the Journal is on addressing issues, challenges, developments and opportunities in rural education globally, and we encourage submissions which, for example:
- Promote the development of rural education scholarship
- Disseminate innovative ideas, actions, programs and policies in rural education
- Link people interested in providing quality learning experiences in rural contexts
- Provide a forum for new ideas and innovations in rural education
- Share information and findings related to rural education issues and the development of programs.
The Australian and International Journal of Rural Education publishes peer-reviewed papers which may be scholarly accounts of educational research relevant to rural education, feature articles, research reports or integrative reviews (recommended length 6,000 to 8,000 words including references and endnotes, or at the Editors' discretion) or short articles, reports or book reviews (between 600 and 2,000 words). All submissions are double blind refereed.
- Associate Professor John Guenther, Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education, Chief Editor.
- Professor Sue Ledger, University of Newcastle Professor Sue Ledger, University of Newcastle
- Dr Melyssa Fuqua, Monash University & University of Melbourne, Australia.
Associate Professor Robyn Henderson, University of Southern Queensland
Serena Davie, Western Australian Department of Education
Natalie Downes, University of Canberra
- Dr Amanda Heffernan, Monash University, Australia.
- Associate Professor James Smith, Charles Darwin University, Australia.
- Dr Cath Gristy, Plymouth University, United Kingdom.
- Dr Hernán Cuervo, University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Ms Jillian Marchant, James Cook University, Australia.
- Mr Nadeem Saqlain, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada.
- Professor Karen Noble, Australian Catholic University, Australia.
- Dr Lynn Walker, University of Canberra, Australia.
- Professor Elaine Sharplin, Nazarbayev University, Kazikhstan
Rural Connections: Celebrating Schools and Communities (Non-refereed section)
- Richard Lobb, Department of Education WA
- Mr Justin Curry, Powlett River Primary School, Australia.
- Associate Professor Philp Roberts, University of Canberra, Australia.
- Dr Jodie Kline, Deakin University, Australia.
- Dr Aaron Drummond, Massey University, New Zealand.
- Professor Tania Broadley, RMIT, Australia.