About the Journal
The Australian and International Journal of Rural Education is the Journal of the Society for the Provision of Education in Rural Australia (SPERA). It serves as an international medium for educators and researchers with an interest in rural education.
Online ISSN 1839-7387
Print ISSN 1036-0026
Rural Connections: Celebrating Schools and Communities
Contributions are welcome from both members and non members of SPERA on any aspect of rural education and from a variety of disciplinary perspectives at any level of education. The focus of the Journal is on addressing issues, challenges, developments and opportunities in rural education globally, and we encourage submissions which, for example:
- Promote the development of rural education scholarship
- Disseminate innovative ideas, actions, programs and policies in rural education
- Link people interested in providing quality learning experiences in rural contexts
- Provide a forum for new ideas and innovations in rural education
- Share information and findings related to rural education issues and the development of programs.
The Australian and International Journal of Rural Education publishes peer-reviewed papers which may be scholarly accounts of educational research relevant to rural education, feature articles, research reports or integrative reviews (recommended length 6,000 to 8,000 words including references and endnotes, or at the Editors' discretion) or short articles, reports or book reviews (between 600 and 2,000 words). All submissions are double blind refereed. We encourage authors to refer to relevant articles published by the Journal.
- Associate Professor John Guenther, Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education, Chief Editor.
- Professor Sue Ledger, University of Newcastle
- Dr Melyssa Fuqua, Monash University & University of Melbourne, Australia.
Associate Professor Robyn Henderson, University of Southern Queensland
Serena Davie, Western Australian Department of Education
Natalie Downes, University of Canberra
- Laurence Lasselle, University of St Andrews
- Bronwyn Relf, University of Newcastle
- Chris Reading, University of New England
- Hernan Cuevo, University of Melbourne
- Judy Gouwens, Roosevelt University
Consulting Editors (International Editorial Advisory Board)
- Dipane Hlalale, University of Kwazulu-Natal
- Philip Roberts, University of Canberra
- Rhonda Oliver, Curtin University
- Tessa Benveniste, CQ University
- Nicoli Barnes, Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture, University of Tasmania
- Jayne Downey, Montana State University
- Michael Corbett, Acadia University
- Joana Lúcio, University of Minho
- John Halsey, Flinders University
- Cath Gristy, University of Plymouth